After being nominated I found out about the Liebster Awards (the full details of which are listed on The Global Aussie’s blog, so make sure to read them here), the whole idea is a means of giving bloggers with small readerships exposure, and welcoming them to the blogosphere.
The rules of the award ask that you write a small post about your favourite blog, which I have done at the end of this post, write 10 random facts about yourself, answer 10 questions that my nominator gave me, nominate 5-10 new people and give them questions – so here goes!
10 random facts
- I met my boyfriend while in Tanzania on my ICS project, our first date ended up being a 4 day holiday in Sweden!
- I hate winter and the cold, I love summer but not if it’s too hot! (I’m very British like that!)
- I am a fully trainer bra fitter, a job which I had when I was 17.
- I took up coxing and joined my university rowing club last year, I have made so many awesome friends and found something I love.
- I am so accident prone that I have a section on my blog dedicated to travel related injuries.
- I am only 5ft and half an inch tall! Something regularly mentioned to me – as if I didn’t realise I was short.
- I have a grumpy 18 year old cat who is currently sat on my lap as I type.
- My favourite country I have visited is Romania and I’d love to live in Timisoara.
- I regularly listen to podcasts and I love the Guilty Feminist and Reasons to be cheerful with Ed Milliband.
- I am a massive chocoholic and we have to factor in chocolate to my travel budgets!
Nominations I have to pick between 5-10 people but there’s so many awesome blogs out there!
Do check out all the fabulous blogs below. I would like to nominate:
- The Weather Up here
- Put the world to writes
- Tilly Turnip
- Miss Tiffany 249
- The Street Photographer’s guide
10 questions from Ellie:
- What are you most proud of?
Winning my first ever rowing race and getting a tankard! I could prove to my mum I was okay at sports, even though my sport involves shouting and sitting down.
- Glass half empty or glass half full?
Always full, I mean even at half full the other half is air anyway!
- What is your favourite thing about yourself?
I think my favourite thing must be my ability to make friends easily, I always feel safe in strange countries as I seem to talk to anyone. Most people don’t even think I’m crazy either!
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
My Mum of course, she’s crazy and makes me laugh every day!
- In an ideal world, what job would you be doing?
I would be a around the world blogger/vlogger. Hopefully I could make enough money one day to keep travelling and never needing to be an adult.
- Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging to answer the questions that my friends and parents friend had about me travelling, also I have always loved writing. I just didn’t really realise it until fairly recently.
- What is your favourite food?
Steak with peppercorn sauce. I just love it.
- What is your favourite memory? I have so many but it would have to be my 19th birthday, where I was in Tanzania with a dislocated shoulder. We snuck out and ate pizza, I got chocolate for the first time in a month and it was such a perfect day.
- Will you be making any New Years Resolutions? If so, whats the main one? Mine will probably be to get organised for the last 6 months of university. I’m nearly at the end and can’t go through the whole 3 years not knowing what I’m doing everyday.
- Marmite: Love it or hate it?
Hate it but my family love it!
My favourite blog is Littlemisstraveller as I think her blog fills me with wanderlust and desire to be travelling instead of finishing my degree. She has a great following and I really love her passion for photography/travel and adventures.
My 10 questions for my nominees are:-
- Where is your favourite place you’ve been?
- Winter or Summer?
- Who are your favourite youtubers/bloggers?
- What’s your party trick?
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What’s on your christmas list this year?
- Who has changed your life the most?
- If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
- What’s your favourite song?
I hope if you’re still reading that you enjoyed this post! I enjoyed writing it and wish you all a Merry Christmas!!
Lots of love
The Great Ambini
2 thoughts on “Liebster Awards 2017”
Thanks so much for nominating us!